- Work on developing and refining novel strategy game mechanics.
- Collaborate with writers to ensure narrative/story elements complement and support the game design.
- Identify, offer feedback/solutions, and iterate on existing game design shortcomings.
- Transform high-level ideas into accurate, intelligible, and quantified specification.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
Full Time, Remote
Senior Game Designer
Join the Little Red Dog team and help us implement gameplay features, systems, and mechanics in our newest Unity game.Apply for this job
Little Red Dog Games is an established international remote studio that is seeking a Senior Game Designer to join our team and conceptualize gameplay features, systems, and game mechanics. Little Red Dog Games has been developing deceptively strategic video games that look and feel different for almost a decade. We have significant experience working with partners all over the world, as well as strict no-crunch policies and our company philosophy is grounded in the ideal of a healthy work-life balance and ethical game development.
Our Studio Needs
What We’re Looking For From Applicants
- 5+ years of commercial video game design experience that includes pointing to impressive systems in at least one shipped game that you were the author of.
- A deep passion for strategy games, particularly strategy games made by small teams. You’ve got a favorite mech, a preferred civilization or a polished deck to talk about.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience working in Godot
- If you have a dog, we invite them to attend teleconferences with you.
Flexible working hours
Private medical benefits (US, UK)
Emphasis on work-life balance: family, health & well-being
Defined vacation and compensatory leave
Travel to annual retreats and game conventions
Don’t forget the attachments
- Your resume
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant skills.